Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Good, the Bad and the Indifferent


A quick college project in which we had to draw 30 - 40 faces, on A1 paper. Inspired by the school tea-towels of old, studded with crudely rendered faces, I drew friends, family and other folk from memory, straight onto the paper with pen and ink. Consequently some faces are good, others I'd make sure I used to scrub encrusted casserole dishes.

There are a few famous faces, a prize to anyone that can spot, Roger Sterling, Batman, Dave Mustaine and the guy that came at me and my three pals with our own skate boards c.15 years ago.

4 comments:

  1. The guy, top center (slight right) came at you with your boards! I'd recognize him anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it in one, I thought only myself and David Attenborough had known such animal savagery?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of this project. Might have to give it a go myself! Just discovered your blog, been having a look through and really enjoying your drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Paul, it's definitely worth a go, was quite hard work trying to produce 30+ distinct faces (this resulted in the blank face about 2/3rds through, which I later palmed off as "Someone I'm yet to meet". I see you enjoyed the Rene Grau exhibition too.

    ReplyDelete