Tuesday, September 18, 2012

"When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain..."

I recently decided that I could make use of a better showcase for my work and set about creating a portfolio website, which went live today. The quote from A.A. Milne sprung to mind because I approached the task with spectacularly little technical expertise and in spite of that have managed to create something, which is near enough to what I aspired to.

Naturally most of the credit for this achievement lies elsewhere, with the excellent foundations Wordpress provide and the community of developers creating tools such as Nextgen Gallery and Ultimate TinyMCE. I marvel at these folks, who seem to dedicate their free time to helping those of us with analogue brains.

Thanks awarded, this blog will still be the destination for updates. Such as the illustration below:


Inspired by Jeff Smith's incredibly elegant linework in his Bone series, this marks my first effort using a brush in place of a fine-liner or nib-pen.

2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing, as ever.

    And a coincidence as I bought some brushes this morning to try out properly for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! And I've just seen the glorious results, I think I may have gotten a bit up tight when I made my virgin effort.

      Delete